It’s been a busy few weeks, so I thought I’d just tackle a few mini-topics than one big one.
– While I didn’t particularly care for the Amazing Spider-Man, or ASM 2, I thought they were very well cast. I’ll lament not seeing more of Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man/Peter Parker, or of Sally Field as Aunt May. I think the film’s had a few good elements too, though I do agree they were ultimately sub-par.
– Having watched House of Cards’ third season, I think I’ve about decided the show is basically just a slasher film. Frank and Claire Underwood are playing the Jason Vorhees role, just trading the machete for political intrigue and psychological warfare. Please note, that’s not a complaint.
– What is the rationale behind needing to make three times rent per month, when renting an apartment? Twice the rent, I can understand, but three times always seems excessive.
– While I am, overall, quite excited about the new Ghostbusters movie, I don’t see why it needs to be a reboot. Vankmen himself in the first movie talked about the franchise rights. Just set it in a different city, with a new cast, and go on.
– Daylight Savings Time is stupid.
– I am really sad Agent Carter is finished. As excited as I am to have Agents of SHIELD back, Carter was excellent in a way few shows are.
– I don’t care about Batman vs Superman, or whatever movie DC is putting out next. Not even a little. Don’t care about Jason Momoa as Aquaman, none of it. Just about nothing about the film looks even decent, much less mistakable for good.
– The Escapist fired Bob ‘Movie Bob’ Chipman. I cannot fathom their reasoning but I expect the site to not be around this time next year. This was shocking news.
I think that about covers it.